Do you have a 'memory book' for your children in case of your sudden death?

I've heard of a memory book which each family member includes life lessons and stories of their lives ...... for when and if a member of the family were to died suddenlly.

After thinking about it for a long while my husband and I have began our family memory book including...
family tree
stories of our lifes at all ages
letter to our child (we only have one) on each of his special days (wedding, high school graduation etc)

Do you have a memory book?
What would you include in your book?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine isn't in case I die... It's more for my little guy to know what he was like as a kid. I write it like a diary, but written to him, telling him about his achievements and things going on in the world and in our family. I put pictures in it occasionally. No stress, just a fun little book. I have my own journal, so if I die, he can read that.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 10:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We dont have onea, but that is a good idea.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We kind of have one.. or a few lol. Betwee his baby book, and scrapbooks. His baby book is so jam-packed with stories, pictures, cards, ect it's about an inch thicker than it should be lol. And I've made him 3 scrapbooks (so far) which have stories, notes & other important things in them. I hope neither me or my husband will ever unexpectedly die, but its possible, so I want him to know as much as I can teach him about us through those things.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I guess I am talking more about .... giving them information for there furture ... lessons and advice, not show them the past journals, baby pictures, scapebooks
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• that is a wonderful idea! I don't have one but I am now thinking that this is something that I want to get going on as soon as possible.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do, actually. It's a Thomas Kinkade book and I've written in most of it. My husband knows where it is if, God forbid, something were to happen.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't have a memory book. But I think its a great idea. The one thing I did do that means so much to me is I started a notebook of letters to my oldest daughter when she was 13. I would write and let her know I was proud of her or answer questions that she didn't feel comfortable asking out loud or letting her know that even when we were angry with each other I still loved her and always would. She's 21 now and its very sweet to read back over those letters.
    irishhillbilly

Answer by irishhillbilly at 11:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Its a great idea. Ive thought about it.. but the only time i felt "the words" coming to me of what i may want to say to my child was while i was pregnant (got to love those emotions!) so maybe when im pregnant with #2 ill make full use of all that "pregnant wisdom"
    I am a scrapbooker & have scrapbooked alot of dd life.. and i wrote in diaries until getting pregnant (now they get updated every 6mo or so.) I want to make a scrapbook of my life for my kids & one of my husband.. but have been putting it off.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010