How many of your DH/SO's are actual SAHD?

If so do they get upset when you do not help them with the kids? or help with the chores? or leave your clothes on the bathroom floor when the laundry basket is 3 feet away? or complain about not having any free time?
Just curious if it works the same way as SAHM... LOL

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 10:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes and yes,lol...its actually very funny cause the same things I used to complain about he does now and vice versa. It will be interesting when he goes back to work (got laid off in april). Its amazing, but its been a great experience to walk in eachother shoes
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 11:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thats how I feel about it...he never knew the real stay at home issues until he became the SAHD!
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, Hubs stayed home with our preemie and NO it did not work the same. I still had to come home, take care of the baby, plus I was pregnant again plus I had to cook and clean. He was mainly there when I was at work then he would go to a friends and be gone until dinner was ready then it would almost be time to go to bed for the next day to begin. That only lasted about a year then I made him go back to work when the new baby came and the preemie was prepared for regular daycare by 18 months old.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ha, I WISH my SAHD DH would do the cleaning and such! Sadly, I still get to do most (nearly all) of the cooking and cleaning. I got shafted! The house was cleaner when he worked. Even when we were both working, I managed to keep the house cleaner. Frankly, it pisses me off that he stays home and tinkers with the computer in his PJs sitting on the couch letting our son play by himself, instead of taking him to the park or playing with him. I know what really goes on, and I have a worn out, 3 year old couch to prove it. Sigh. If he didn't have a back injury, I'd whip his ass in gear, but I know certain things hurt, but a certain amount of it is laziness (plus I know he's depressed not working).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010