Infants and siezures?

My daughter is one month old, and her doctor suspects she may be having siezures. At times her eyes roll back. He has scheduled an appointment for her to see a nuerologist who specializes in children, and have an EEG performed. Has anybody gone through something similar? What can I expect?

sheloveearth

Asked by sheloveearth at 11:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i have not...but
    a chiropractor is a dr. of the nervous system,and i would take my baby to the chiropractor first.
    how was your pregnancy and birth?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My DD had a EEG when she was 2 months old. It wasnt bad, for me the worst part was not being there...my ODD was sick with a stomach bug the day daddy took her to the hospital, and then had school, so I stayed home with her. Anyway I hated the sticky stuff that was stuck to her hair...but it came right off in the tub. She did fine from what daddy told me, and it only took I think he said 10-20 minutes. Also there was something not right about her results, but after meeting about it they said it was just her moving, so the cancelled the CATscan. (they didn't want to risk the radiation on a "healthy" baby. It ended up being GERD, and the medicine helped, no more episodes.EEGs are not scarey (for them) and painless, except taking the electrodes off, I guess my baby didnt like it and cried. (I dont know if it is bc she has a ton of hair.) Good luck!! PM me if you have more questions!

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 9:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010