Really what are your thoughts?

What are your your thoughts on C-SECTIONS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A neccassary evil....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Why? Can you explain a little more please?
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm going for my third. The first was an emergency after 38 hrs of labor, the second was b/c our daughter was stillborn and couldn't make it through vaginal birth :o( and this one is because of the last two.
    I honestly have to thank God that there is another way to deliver children b/c my son and I wouldn't be here otherwise. The healing wasn't AWFUL... there recommend 3 but my OB said 4 is "ok" too. I mean each one has it's own risks, it's a major surgery.
    I wouldn't get one just for the heck of it but if you have to, then just relax...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had a scheduled one due to a big baby and a narrow birth canal, and I feel like it was the right decision for us. I don't feel deprived or guilty in any way; I understand why some women do, but I don't. I would like to experience a vaginal birth in the future, but if things don't work out that way I won't feel badly. My only thing is that I don't want to be told I have to have a repeat C-section just because I already had one; if things work out that way, I'll be fine with it, but I don't want to be told from the beginning with no apparent foreseeable problems that I have to have surgery to prevent possible complications, most of which are present in a first-time vaginal birth anyway.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I'm the OP
    I am going for my third. My first was after 60+ hrs of labor after my water broke and nothing. My second was because my dr. wont allow me to have VBAC and the third is for the same reason. Like Ashjoe said i am glad that there is another way for a baby to come out because if there wasn't my children and my nephews and niece would not be here. My sis had to have them because her body went into seizure(SP?) when sh was in labor.
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of people give us crap about having C-sections... like that you get robbed of your experiences in child birth and all that but seriously, I would have taken that c-section then stay in a miserable state od labor that wouldn't progress.

OP-
    How far apart are your kids, are you have any more after this? I want one more so we have 3 kids, 4 c-sections. ( praying :o) )
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• By the way, How can a VBAC have the same risks as a first time vaginal birth? It can't, your uterus was cut open! Yes, a lot of people do a VBAC with great success but how about the other women? The ones who lose their entire uterus and can't have any more kids at a young age? I would take another c-section any day, it's actually safer. Trust me, I've been through ti and and talked to SEVERAL maternal fetal medicine docs. (the high risk docs) But that's just MY opinion....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• AsHJOE-
    The first two were 17m the and now i will have another 12m after my second baby.

I know i feel like i was robbed in some ways because i wish i could have known what it was like to have my kids vaginally. But i cant and i'm tired of women say that its wrong and that my kids were not really "born".
    Anonymous

• lol yeah, those comment are annoying! I mean maybe a c-section robbs you of the baby actually coming out and what not but when you hold the baby the first time, it doesn't matter! Your baby was Born and safe, that's all that matters.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Who said anything about it having the same risks. I just said that my dr. wouldnt let me do it.
    Anonymous