What charges could she face??

Ok I've posted before that we're trying to get custody of a child. I'm curious if anyone knows what kind of penalty the "mother" of this child will be facing for being busted IN a meth house and she also tried to RUN from the cops when they came in(she was LEAVING her baby IN this house to RUN). This woman's name was tagged at drug stores i our hometown for "buying too much" of the medicine that is put IN the meth. She is currently out on bond but has a trial coming up and hasnt paid her bondsman so may also be picked up for that...being that she was IN the house and didnt have the drugs ON her person what charges will she face..the baby was in the house also when the house was busted if that makes any difference.....

Mrs.Minyard09

Asked by Mrs.Minyard09 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It really depends on what state you are in. They all have different laws. However, if she has a court date set, the charges she is already facing (they don't set a court date with out charges) should be public knowledge. All you have to do is call the court house and ask.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh my, well from a recent happening very close to my home, guy already had prior jail time from violation of probation, but was caught smurfing (going to local pharmacies for sudafed), got 8 years and has so far been there for one.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• She's in Alabama, which (even though it makes me VERY sad to say) is quickly becoming full of meth :(......I didn't know I could call and know from public knowledge so THANK YOU for that..ans thank you too m-avi,I had no idea what she would be facing.
    Mrs.Minyard09

Comment by Mrs.Minyard09 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I guess you'll know soon enough won't you! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh honey not soon enough!! lol, I'm so anxious to find out if we're going to get to bring this little girl into our home! I have 2 boys and would love to add a little girl to our family..She already has a stocking,we bought her a christmas dress and christmas morning jammies :) I'm so anxious...
    Mrs.Minyard09

Comment by Mrs.Minyard09 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• prob negligent, the baby will prob be taken from her for good at this point, but really it depends on the judge, there are some that will let a mother have chance after chance and others that won't give any chances
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• of that is public info, I forgot, just of online to ________(your county) clerk of court and do a case search by the name of the person. that should give you all you need to know about her charges
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure how much time she'll get, but if it's not her first offensive, they would probably (and hopefully) be more tough on her... Are you for sure going to be able to keep the child or eventually adopt her? Good Luck, it sounds like the baby will be better off!!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Weell our situation is kinda special..this kid MAY be my husband's. So if she is his we WILL be getting custody
    Mrs.Minyard09

Comment by Mrs.Minyard09 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010