can you?

can you take a bubble bath if you are dialated?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 11:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes,
    I would refrain for bubble baths if your water has broken though; you can still enjoy a warm bath, but no bubbles, soaps or oils. :)

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yea you can
    emm213

Answer by emm213 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe no bubbles and make sure your tub is clean. If women can have water births you can take a warm, not hot, bath. :)
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 11:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yep! I took a bath everyday for months until I went into labor and even took a bath before going to the hospital while I was in labor (5cm). Just make sure it isn't too hot and no bubbles or soap of any kind if your water breaks like the others said. Other than that you should be fine :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sure, as long as your water bag is still intact. Once it does break then a bubble free bath is just fine :)
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 12:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yep. You can soak all you want until your water breaks. Women should generally avoid bubble baths anyhow, though, as many of the chemicals in them can throw of the delicate balance "down there".
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 10:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL let me tell you from first hand experience.
    I went to the hospital in early labor...definatly dialated...they sent me home and told me to take a warm bath. So yes it is safe. Now let me say this...
    LOL once I got in I could not get out.....I was in pain and it was slippery. My mom and husband were both down stairs and it took forever for them to check on me.
    If you do it, make sure you have help nearby....and good luck on your new blessing.
    fluffymomma175

Answer by fluffymomma175 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010