How long has it been since you have seen the dentist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Health

• Less than a week. I had my cleaning last week and I always go for my usual 6 month cleaning. I may be weird, but I LIKE going to the dentist.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 7:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had a cleaning/check-up about a month ago. I don't mind going to the dentist either...but I probably feel that way because I have never had a cavity.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 7:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• less than a month, and I go again on the 11th...of course it's follow up for dental surgery that was last done.
    I generally hate the dentist, put it off for way too long, that's why I need the dental surgery. I did find an awesome dentist though who doesn't make me frightened to go in.
    Anonymous

• Probably 6 years. The last guy I went to was pulling an old filling out to replace it and in the process cracked the tooth. Well, after 3 infections, I went back and told him since I don't have insurance and a root canal and crown was going to run "around $1000", to just pull the tooth. He had me sign a release stating that if he broke my jaw, he wouldn't be liable for the medical bills. Then he procedded to TRY to break my jaw. He was shaking from the force of trying to pull the tooth and no matter how many shots he gave I couldn't handle the pain. Then for 3 full weeks my whole head throbbed. I had never had to have anything done to my teeth other than cleanings and 3 fillings as a child, so I had no idea that the release wasn't common practice.
    I am terrified to go back. I'm not a pansy, I had natural labor and had no problems with that, but boy, he hurt me. BAD!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 7:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I probably haven't seen the dentist in 5 or 6 years. I didn't have insurance. And the economy is so bad, I just couldn't find the money for. Moms are always on hold for everything. But now I found Ameriplan, for $19.95 a month they cover my whole family and they give me great discounts for Dental, Prescription, Chiropractor, Vision, Lasik (60% off a root canal or crown). If you want more information on it check out their rates, my husband had just seen the chiropractor the other day since he couldn't go last winter. But for a consultation, X-rays and examination we had to pay only $95. I was thrilled. They are great, i am impressed with their rates. Plus you can find doctors in your area if you look up providers.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i went last january when i got my tax refund so i could at least get a cleaning and exam, turned out i needed work done, but would cost too much, and my daughter needed clothes, so i put her first, and i haven't been back, cuz i keep putting myself last .... =(
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008