I am a horrible friend...or am I?

I have a good friend. She has always been there for me. I got invited out by some other friends and its not for any occation, just for the heck of it. they said I could invite other friends...so I did....but not her :-/BUT before you all go insane here is why: I just get tired of her. She is borderline obsessive. If I dont text her right back she calls, if I dont answer my cell she calls my home phone. If I dont answer that she starts calling from different numbers. She has the most dramatic life of anyone I know and talks about people like I know them too. She comes to every family function we have and just comes to hang out but stays days at a time. Yes, she has family, and a son. Its so bad but...well you tell me. Thoughts?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 11:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Lol, doesnt sound like someone I would want to invite anywhere. Quite the clingy friend you have there, dont know how you deal with it, I know I couldnt handle it, lol... But yeah, I dont think its wrong of you to not invite her, but just dont let her find out because Im assuming she would be greatly upset over it.. GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a friend like that, we love her but can only stand to see her once a year, she was worse, she would call on a Sat morning , hey 8am im asleep thats my day of rest, if i didnt answer 30min later id have a knock at my door, i was like wtf? then shed come in w/her kids, id tell her im asleep whats going on& shed say girl get up & start going through my fridge.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds like she gets attached to friends a little too much. I wouldnt say your a horrible friend, I would probably talk to her about it. Life can get busy and if she gets obsessive about calling you if you dont text back it sounds like she needs to chill out and find some hobbies so she isnt annoying you all the time.
    ShyJen

Answer by ShyJen at 11:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• She probably feels lonely and she must really like having you as a friend but you really need to let her know about the obsession stuff that's alittle weird. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sounds like you needed a break.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am sorry that your friend is treating you like that. It's okay being a friend, but I think that the obsessive part is a little overbearing. It's not like you can't have friends besides her. You are entitled to having other friends. I hope things work out for you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i think it's fine if you didn't invite her. does she know you didn't invite her or does she think your doing something else. maybe it's time to tell her about her attitude so that she stops and changes or that you start to really now like her at all which sounds like what is going on. you both have to have a friendship you both like having together otherwise it's not much a friendship. doesn't sound like guys are close enough for you tell her. so would you miss her if she wasn't your friend.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You aren't being a bad friend it's just you need some space form her , she sounds clingy. I agree you might not want her to find out , becuse then you'll have to explain why you didn't let her know . She might not understand and be way to upset to handle it . GL
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i have a friend like that. doesn't know when to shut up either. i would do the same as you. totally don't blame. so don't feel bad, we all need a break from our crazy friends who don't know when their welcome has run out.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• don't blame u one bit, just b/c you go out doesn't mean she has to go every time! sometimes you need a break from your friends or you might not be friends much longer!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010