Anyone NOT looking forward to the holidays?

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• not looking forward to the stress of cooking,cleaning, preparing, and shoppping but i am looking forward to the smiles, laughs,family, and love!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Im looking forward to the holidays being over. Lol. I mean, I enjoy them and whatnot, but much too stressful. Just wish it was over already. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Im not, too much food to think about and too much family drama of where to go and where not to go.
    ShyJen

Answer by ShyJen at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am and I'm not. My husband is going to be gone just like he was last year. December when he is out to sea is a hard month for us. We have 3 birthdays, an anniversary and of course Christmas. So it can be a bit depressing but the kids will still love it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Hmmm.....certainly not me, I am SO looking forward to the holidays. Why aren't you? Is it financial? Holidays are about spending time with family and if you don't have extra money....that's not important.....Love and quality time is what really matters. I obviously get to spend time with my immediate family daily, but the time with the extended family....we love it. Why are you feeling humbug?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am not as we have no money. nothing like trying to think of excuses for santa cause he's not going to be visiting. He had to ration the toys this year? Injured reindeer? Hmmm.
    anthrolovinmom

Answer by anthrolovinmom at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not feeling humbug....just a question. I'm looking forward (mostly) to the holidays....my DD just turned one and has become so much fun. I am looking forward to showing her new things and starting new traditions and enjoying the merriment in her eyes when she learns something fun. I DO, however, have some family drama that I'm not looking forward to, but the first part far outweighs the second.
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm so sorry anthrolovinmom....how 'bout starting some new traditions yourself? Like, maybe, watching "A Christmas Story" or "It's a Wonderful Life" with a bowl of popcorn, as a family???
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i'm not.. :(
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I know how you feel anthrolovinmom. However I'm a planner, and I started buying at the beginning of the year haha. Whatever leftover money I had went to Christmas gifts for everyone. I'm looking forward to the holidays, but at the same time I don't know what to expect. Our family tradition has always been going to my Grandma's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year my Grandparents want to travel and "Not have to deal with it all" So the WHOLE family won't be together. Just our little sub-families. :( It kind of makes me sad. This Thanksgiving we're hosting it for my immediate family and my in-laws! So we'll see how it turns out :D.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010