I've been wondering, do people even watch soap operas anymore?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• Good question. I tried to watch my old favorite, "General Hospital", the other day. It was good to see a lot of the same faces but the dialogue goes so dang slow to me now. IDK why. And the commercials! You barely make it through one scene and the scene takes forever and boom, another commercial. Its weird when you havent watched a soap in awhile to go back and try to view it again. I suppose if I used some patience I could get back into it, but there is so much else on tv to watch now with cable and all...

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I used to be so into Days of our Lives, but then I moved overseas for three years and was completely lost when I came back.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My StepMIL does! She is waaaaaaaay into them.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do out of loyalty! lol I grew up watching Days of Our Lives. My mother was a single mom working and going to school full time. She would record (on VHS) all the episodes for the week and on the weekend we would sit down and watch them...it was our thing. Now I DVR them and skim through them just to keep in the loop. It is like getting rid of your comfy pillow or blanket, I just can't do it! lol
    Duckylicious

Answer by Duckylicious at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• NO...............ok so MAYBE I MIGHT record All My Children and watch the scenes I can stand. Then get sick of it for months at a time then go back and catch up (yeah it takes like a week to completely catch up since they all move so slow). I mean if I did really watch it, its not like I would ever admit to it or anything.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I know a few who do. Im not hooked on them like I used to be. I was once a serious Y&R fan
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 10:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I use to be a huge Days fan but the storyline's were always the same or someone would die only to come back to life blah...
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010