So I discovered I'm hooked on greens! How do you make yours!?

I made this last batch with, mustard, turnip, and collard greens, salt, vinegar, bacon, and onion soup. Sooo good!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love kale, its my favorite food. I could probably live on it until I die lol. I like it seasoned with bacon :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hmmm I haven't tried kale, how do you cook it?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I put olive oil and chopped garlic in a frying pan. I add greens (usually escarole) and saute. I add chopped potatoes and white beans. I also sometimes add cutup Italian sausage.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My grandmother loved collard greens. I like all greens, but kale is my favorite. I usually prepare it exactly the way I would collards or mustards, but my favorite is to use apple juice instead of water, and add just a bit of apple cider vinegar to the pot. So DeeeLish!
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Kale and mustard, stems removed. Sweated in a pot that I had sautéed a little onion, garlic and pork side meat ( its like fat back but has a strip of meat in the middle and smoked). I just rinse the greens and then toss in the hot pot, cover the lid and let it cook for about five to ten minutes. Open it up, stir it up and serve. The water left on the greens from the rinse is enough to steam the greens.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010