If you don't drink coffee and do not own a coffee maker would you still serve it at a holiday meal?

My family is coming to our home for Thanksgiving, we don't drink coffee and do not own a coffee maker, but family members do drink coffee. Would you go out and buy a coffee maker knowing you would probably never use it again for at least a year or would you ask someone else to bring a coffee maker and coffee if they would like some during the day?

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I would ask someone to bring a coffee maker or borrow one from a friend. I do not think you should be expected to go out and buy one, although you can get them pretty cheap, but again, I do not think it would be inappropriate to just try and borrow one or get a family member to bring one. But if you are hosting I you may want to at least buy the coffee to go in it. IDK....that is just what I would do.
    Duckylicious

Answer by Duckylicious at 12:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My family knows if they are coming to my house and they want coffee they better bring their own. I wouldn't even know where to begin in buying a coffee maker or coffee.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If it was me, I would buy a very inexpensive coffee maker that I could just use when guests were visiting. You can get decent ones for $20 or less. They can bring their own coffee though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• unless it was for my grandparents i wouldn't buy 1, but if they were going to stay with me then i would probably go buy i cheap one (b/c their my grandparents!!!)
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• "....don't drink coffee..."

Oh....I must have blacked out for a minute there...just the thought of NOT drinking coffee. I...I...I think I'm okay now....

....wait...I need to go get a cup of coffee and ponder this one.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010