Are you happy with the name your parents gave you, if not, what do you wish it would have been?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hated my name growing up. When my grandparents adopted me when I was 15, I wanted to totally rid myself of any connection to my parents because of all the neglect and every kind of abuse, so the judge let me change my full name instead of just my last. I wish that my grandma had let me pick a name higher on my list of favorites, because I think it would have suited me more, and I wish that I had kept my birth middle name (Elvira). But, overall I'm much happier with my name now. I LOATHED my first name and I've never met a single person with that name that wasn't a total bitch that I despised. When my teachers found out I was changing my name, one of them pulled me aside one day and told me that if she had to share a name with someone like that (referring to the one other girl in the school with that name), she would try to change it, too lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I hate hate hate my first name...I wish my first name was Sunshine LOL
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I'm satisfied with it....My name is Elizabeth Audrey...I'm called both, but I go by Audrey. I love my name. I'm weird with names and numbers though....My name matches my DH's and it's the same amount of letters.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't like my first name it's Jessica it's just so common. I'm not sure what I would pick for me .

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 12:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I use to hate it, but now its not to bad.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 12:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love my name... I wish they had spelled it Sharelle sometimes, so people knew it was Shaw-rell and not Sheryl pronunciation
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes, Domonique...I don't know any other name that would fit me...Although I did have a friend that used to call me Nicky...But I don't think that fit as well as my own name.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes I like my name ,but if it was spelled any other way than what it is ,I would hate it. It wouldn't be me then.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I so wish my middle name was my first name...I hate my first name.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When I was younger not so much but as ive gotten older I love it. I think its a unique combo....Denise Liselle
    Ariesdiva68

Answer by Ariesdiva68 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010