What should I do for a job?

I think the job market sucks and I'm in need of suggestions. Please don't bombard me with this work at home crap. I've tried newspaper articles, internet, and job listings that they sell at the laundromat. What did you do?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• doctor's offices. you would be surprised how many of them are always looking for someone~ good luck! start by calling your dr's office.. good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 7:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• haha i though i had just answered that...
    VictinaG

• Restaurants! And since the holiday season is coming up, retailers are looking for people.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• There are tem places they find jobs that you would qualify for and send you off to work for a short time and if the employer wants to keep you then they do if notthen you get anohter from the temp place.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 8:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I know you are not looking for a business from home, but if you want to make extra money while your kids are sleeping try cashcrate. I have more information about it in my profile, if you know how to do it you can make pretty good money.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 8:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you say work at home is crap, then most probably you have failed at it and were not successful and was not in the right business. Many of us SAHM do work from home and are making great money too. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to stay home to raise the kids, and trust me, many women wish they could too. So, please do not bash work from home if you have not tried it or failed at it. I wish you luck finding what makes you happy. I love to help people so if you would like, feel free to visit my profile and contact me...i can help, that is, as long as you want to be helped and guided. Be blessed.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Well, me personally.. when I was searching for a job, I pounded the pavement. I took one section of town per day and walked from place to place distributing my Resume. I would suggest you do that, or go to an employment agency.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Oh, and by the way, in our town we have a call center that does offer work at home opportunities for Sprint.. FYI
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Lauren, look for a field that has things that people will need even when the economy is bad. My daughter just got hired as a restaurant server. Grocery stores, post office, gas stations, look for places where you shop and spend your money!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Have you tried car sales?
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 9:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2008