Is it ok to replace something a child lost?

I'm currently 7 months pregnant with our first child, and I have a general question for experienced moms, or moms with more than one child. So as we all know, Christmas is right around the corner. I've been wanting to get a few DS systems for my younger brothers and sisters. The kids all have their own gaming systems, except for 3, around the same age, that have different moms. So I talked it over with the moms (to make sure it was ok first) and decided it would be a nice gift, so that they wouldn't feel left out when all the kids get together. I bought one for the 14 year old girl, and the 9 year old boy, but when I talked to the 8 year old girls mom, she explained that she had one before and lost it, and that she would love to have another. I'm thinking dont buy one to teach her responsibility, and to ler her know that you have to take care of what you have. Is that ok? Or harsh?

tcervantes

Asked by tcervantes at 12:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel that it would be very nice of you to buy it for her. I mean, after all, we all lose things. I, for instance, have lost my mind numerous times.. Don't punish me for that!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In this situation I would get it, its not on you to teach her responsibility and the mom said it was ok. If it was my child, no I woudl not get it for her, I would make her save her money. But since yoru getting all of them one I would.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010