okay soo my lil 1 year old had a excitement "down there" ...

whenever i change him and wipe him with wipes he sometimes not all the time but he gets .. well u know.. and he laughs when i wipe him there .. is this normal ? isnt it too soon?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal.

Temperature change and need to urinate can cause erection in small children. This can happen to infants a few hours old. It's not a sexual thing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Totally normal, LOL!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That's so funny! And sooo normal! My son used to laugh also. I got him to start washing himself down there when he was quite young because it grossed me out how much he enjoyed it when I did it!!!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• He's laughing because it probably tickles. Totally normal. It never ends either. It's always boys and their wieners! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son started that when he was about a month old. Its normal, I just give him a wipe.
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL mine does it to hes 10 mos old but hes now starting to well ummm discover so yeah its normal
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, it is normal, and I always figure there is a chance of peeing, so I just cover it back up for a minute and don't make a big deal out of it... the temperature going from nice and warm to cold air is a shocker to them. Now, it doesn't happen normally, and that is fine with me... I say just give it a minute to adjust to the air, and then wipe... don't make a big deal out of it because he is just a baby and totally innocent!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010