Wow... Did you hear about the cheating scandal in FL?

Over 200 students cheated on a midterm exam! Link in first comment. I think this is just insane!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "This is college. Everyone cheats, everyone cheats in life in general," Ravvin said. "I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in this testing lab who hasn't cheated on an exam."

This is the EXACT attitude of the upcoming generations--this is the future of this country, just think these are the people who may be taking care of us in our old age....great.

I managed to complete my Master's degree by the time I was 25, and graduated from a top school, and I can say without a doubt that I NEVER cheated on any test/quiz or paper!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Everyone doesn't cheat in college. I see how hard my kids study. I know they are not cheating. I'm sure there are many others just like them. That being said, kids cheat as soon as they figure out they can get away with it, way before college. I think it's great that they were caught and will face the consequences
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What happens when it is teacher facilitated?
    I get a weekly email from my son's science teacher with the answers to the upcoming tests and quizzes. When I asked her to stop, she resonded
    " If the kids do not have the answers at the time fo the test, it's not cheating"
    YUP a young recently graduated TEACHER.
    I'm still working with the school board on this one, they seem to agree with her.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am too afraid to cheat! I'm afraid of being caught, being kicked out. I want to learn because I'll need this stuff when I graduate. Damn, otherwise, why would you need this schooling?! Yes, there are those that cheat, that's a given, but that many? And to try and justify it? That's pathetic. That student should be kicked out. And not allowed back in. Pathetic.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• DAAAAMN
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yeah...I live in Florida and it's been all over the news, etc.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My kids attended the 2 top Prep schools in Sacramento- (1 for boys, the other girls). Cheating was rampant-the biggest offenders? Those riding the top of the class. 1 boy was caught twice that I know of, and is now a Sophomore at Yale. During 1, 2 week session, my son and 1 other boy were the only 2 kids in attendance in AP Economics- all the rest suspended for cheating. D- used to complain that he was the dumbest kid in the class-the laziest perhaps, but at least he was honest.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Seriously? I'll admit to cheating occasionally when I was in school, but it wasn't all the time. Small things like pop quizzes, MAYBE.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hmmm, interesting. Glad they got caught.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010