How is a surrogate pregnancy different from a regular one?

How different are the emotional factors?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My friend was a surrogate 4 times. She said it was no big deal mentally. She had her kids and was doing it for someone else. She said she never felt they were her babies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't know I've never been, but I would think you would have to be emotionally unattached to not want to keep the baby
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think I could look at it from the point of view that my body is merely an incubator for this baby. Particularly if someone else's embryo was involved. It's a gift I am giving to someone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't bond with my babies usually til well after their birth - weeks after usually. So I don't think it would be much different for me on an emotional level. But when you're a surrogate the "parents" do have more say over certain things like medical care and whether or not you have a drink or take meds... SO that could be different.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010