Why do you think people become surrogates?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some people probably do it just for the money, but I think a lot of them do it just to help another family as well.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Money... I would do it for the right price... What I don't understand is why people pay for surrogates. I mean, I would just adopt, why does it matter if the baby has your DNA?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My friend did it for a few different families. She was good at it, and I'm sure the 80,000 per delivery and all expenses paid had a lot to do with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Money and the ability to give someone a child who cannot have one for whatever reason. I'd do it if I had not had so many dang c-sections.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would do it for friends. I have gay male friends I've offered to do it for. The surrogates I've known have done because they want to help another family. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do it just for the money.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• money would be the #1 reason to do this...the other reason is to do it out of the goodness of your heart :-)
    thenguyenclan

Answer by thenguyenclan at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• $80,000 per delivery? Seems a bit higher then the standard compensation.
    Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010