DH wants to name our son Xyler. Whats your take on the name?

I have mixed opinions. Wanted to get outside thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Baby Names

• how do u say that??it looks cool though.i like differant names
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 12:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sorry... I don't really like it. I think an name that starts with X is cool, but Xyler seems like Tyler and you just wanted it to start with X. What about Xavier?

IMO if you have a controversial name in mind you should just not tell anyone until after the baby is born. Then you can save yourself a bunch of negative comments.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A little weird to be honest. I wouldn't want to have to correct everyone that tries to say my name my whole life.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Too weird for my liking.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think that is such a lovely name.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Pronounced like Zyler. He would even spell it that way. He just wants *that* name. Ugh..don't know what to do!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not my favorite name. My husband wanted to name one of our sons Xavier and I told him no because I didn't want to call my son a name I didn't like for the rest of my life. We both agreed upon and liked Xander so that is what we named our son. Maybe you need to tell your husband how much you don't like the name.
    Summersmom360

Answer by Summersmom360 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I like it and think it is rather unique! =) but I am all for unique but not crazy stupid unique and this one is short and easy and different!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I like it!.....I was always fond of the name "Xander/Zander", and Xyler/Zyler isn't much different. I like the "unusual" and/or "unique" names myself, but DH doesn't...we compromised. The question shouldn't be "do WE like it:",....do YOU like it?
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well what name do you like? i rather it spelt with the z, at least that way you know how to say it. my name is irish and no american can read it or say it right once they know how to spell it, it can be very annoying,
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010