Do you really save that much money?

By shopping on "Black Friday"? I avoid it at all costs, but I'm curious as to how much people really save by going out into this madness?

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've never tried it. My sanity means too much to me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL! I feel the same...but there's gotta be SOMETHING about it for so many to do it EVERY year.
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no
    emmybaby

Answer by emmybaby at 12:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my co-worker swears by it, she has done it every year since I can remember. We always have to work the day after the holiday and she gets up and goes shopping at 3am and then shows up for work...its become a little joke in the office and everyone always wants to know what she got. Me, I dont have the energy or the money to go out and try something like that, besides Im shopping for teens now,,oh hell no! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm usually WAY done by then, but I love going shopping and battling the crowd! It's a huge rush!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• @ beyondhopes- LOL!

@Sabrina - I'm usually done too, but unfortunately this year is different.. I start my shopping in July/Sept and buy a butt load! DS's bday is January and DD is February, so if I "over buy" I just save things for their bday But for the life of me, I couldn't tell you how much I spent or saved when buying....
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i think it really depends on what you are buying, i have found some great deals. i also love black friday shopping though, i have been going since i was a kid. im going this year with my mom while my mil watches the kids, im not so much buying stuff as watching the people act like crazies! lol.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• on toys and electronics yes if you can handle the insanity. I have only gone maybe 2 times. Last year I did ALL of my Christmas shopping for my 2 boys at midnight at Toys R Us for $150 and bought so much! It was so much fun because even though people were "competitive" everyone was in the holiday spirit and we made some friends in line, took turns getting coffee, and playing with all the toys!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I will only deal with it if it's something specific that I want that I know will be a great deal. My husband has volunteered to go a couple of years. One year Walmart had a great deal on a TV that I wanted for our bedroom. Because the store is open 24 hours, he could walk up to the display, and the minute it turned whatever time he was allowed to, he just plucked one out of the display and went to check out. I found my best Black Friday deals last year on Amazon.com and never had to leave the house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010