I'm 29 y old and I'm 5f 4in tall and i weigh 174lb. is that overweight? and if so any ideas on how to lose the weight?

i have physical disabilities that keep me from doing allot of workouts, (lifting heavy objects, running). any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

sunshyne1981

Asked by sunshyne1981 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• walking, lifting even if its just water bottles.. Squatting( sitting up and down)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes, try swimming....great work out for any body
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I swim.
    I had a back injury 10 years ago that diabled me from many activities and swimming is one of the less stressful on my back and pelvis, but helps me strengthen my core and burn calories. I was in your exact boat, size and all. Gained 45 lbs the first year after my injury, fought hard and long to get rid of it, 15 more to go. Stay away from fast food, it's the devil and good luck sister!
    LoriMRice

Answer by LoriMRice at 1:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you like to dance do that and as claudia suggested lift water bottles start out with small bottles and work your way or use syrup bottles. Yoga is another good one.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Swimming is great advice if you can get to pool. It is supposed to be easy on the body. Cutting back and controlling portions is helpful. Maybe low impact activitie may help too.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Great suggestion above!! If you like you can check out my journal post, it is too long to place in here so I like to refer moms to it. Hope you find it useful:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• YMCA has a good water exercise program for people with disabilities. Check them out.

Anonymous

• You are overweight and it is bad for your heart so I suggest water aerobics since you have physical disabilities.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Ouch....Brutally honest^^^^ ;) I didn't vote you donw though. Wasn't me.

But to answer question, Look into what your "BMI" is. There's websites or books that can help you calculate it and find out ifyou're in the right range.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 8:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Walking, work out dvds at home, drink 2 glases of water before a meal - helps curb your appetite
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2011