OM>> How do I get my puppy to stop peeing on the floor...

He is now 13 week and just stops and squats..It is getting bad..and smelly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pets

• I have a puppy that is almost 2 months old. What I do is I take him out every hour for 15-30 minutes. If he doesn't go then I bring him inside and wait about 10 minutes and take him back out. Everytime I take him out I tell him " Let's go potty outside ". Everytime he has an accident I tell him " you're supposed to potty outside". Now he goes to the door and barks at me when he needs to go. Plus watch him if he starts sniffing around pick him up and put him outside. Whenever my puppy goes outside I reward him with a treat. Good Luck!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Are you crate training him? Are you limiting the amount of water you're giving him? Give him water every two hours. As soon as he gets done drinking, pick up the water. Take him outside just a few minutes after you give him water. Be sure you are taking him out the same door every time. Praise him after he goes potty outside. How long have you had him? Have you been working to try and housebreak him for awhile? If so, you'll need to give him a consequence when he has an accident inside.

On a side note, we hung a bell on our door. When our puppy wants to go out, she rings the bell!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008