How soon is too soon?

To say I love You?

To get engaged?

To get married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• No such thing as "too soon" if you are ready, you are ready, it's that simple...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you say 'I love you' when you KNOW it's love and not lust

you get engaged when you know you want to spend forever with this person-not because rings and weddings are fun

you get married when this person is now your best friend and the one you are willing to go to hell and back for-because in a marriage you usually have to do that once or twice.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Who can say, buy the people in love? You know if they are the right one for you, and if there is any hesitation, any moments of pause, your not ready, it is too soon.
    LoriMRice

Answer by LoriMRice at 1:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When you both feel it.

When you both feel your ready.

NEVER!!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• whenever it feels right and you just know. hard to explain, but its never to soon
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• IMHO, it's too soon to tell someone you're in love in less than 3 months. Mostly due to the excessive amounts of chemicals our bodies release when we're NEWLY smitten with someone (ie: Dopamine, Fenylethylamine, Adrenaline, Endorphins, Vasopressin and Oxytocin. Granted, I'm not saying you couldn't POSSIBLY be in love prior to the 3 month marker, I'm simply saying with your body's chemical and hormones in overdrive, how can you be sure it's love and not just biology?
    It's too soon to get engaged in less than a year (or when you feel you know that person as well as an individual can know someone).
    It's too soon to get married if you have doubts that continue resurfacing... Plain and simple.
    SWells041585

Answer by SWells041585 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's too soon to say I love you if he hasn't been showing by words and deeds that he feels the same way. Let your affection build up. My mom used to say that if a man says I love you and the next sentence out of his mouth isn't Will you marry me...then he's in lust, not love. The first time my DH said he loved me was when he asked me to marry him, so I knew he was the one.
    To soon to get engaged if you can't imagine yourself financially supporting him if he were to get sick. Do you know everything about him? How he interacts with his family, how he spends his money, how he treated his ex-girlfriends?
    To soon to get married if you aren't working and supporting yourself, and have savings for the future. If you have any doubts about his love for you, or any other doubts, it's too soon.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• There isn't any one answer to your questions because every situation will be different. I would say though that in the day in which we live, every woman would be wise to proceed with great caution and to never get in a hurry where a man is concerned.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My thought is what age are you? If you are old enought mentaly then it depends on the relationship how involved as a couple you are. My hubby and I were together 2 months when we first had sex about the same time told eachother we loved the other by datting 5 months we living together 6 1\2 engaged 1 year married. We had a deep connection that was real I never would have belived it if it did not happen to me. We have 3 kids now and have been together just about 10 years. No we did not have our first child till we were married for 8 months. We have had a great life.
    So I say if the two people are old enought to commet then when they feel it it is time. When they deeply show each other everyday that tehy love each other . Not school girl boy love deeply..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010