expecting baby in 4weeks. hubby works nights, should he change to days?

i don't mind him working nights, as i never sleep now anymore so it would just annoy me seeing him sleep while i am wide awake at night, during the day it doesn't bother me as much, as i have other things to do. but now with baby coming we are wondering is it good for him to stay working nights or would it be better for him to switch to days? night hours are 11:30 til 9:30 and days wud be 8:oo til 4:00 i think.

otoole

Asked by otoole at 1:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• id personally prefer days, at least you'd be on the same sleep schedule
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You can make it work either way. I hate when my husband works nights but if it work for you guys then why change things?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think it much matters. Either way he will either be sleeping or working from 11pm to 5pm the next day, right? The hours are really just flipped around. Whatever works for you guys, really. I never got help from DH at night as I knew he had to get up for work the next day... so it wouldn't have mattered if he was here or not.

Do you share a car, or anything? Because him working nights would allow you to have the car during the day for errands and such.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If he can get days, it would make it a lot easier on the both of you. That way you could take turns getting up with your baby. Also, its way to difficult to get sleep during the day with a crying baby. You don't want to see him without sleep.... It gets ugly! LOL Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Mine works 12 hr shifts 7am-7pm at a job he has been on 10 years but he has so much vacation saved up he's gonna take off about 3 weeks when the baby is bornkissing dad

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010