my 4 year old has a tash on his butt looks like blister and real red any ideas on how to treat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• rash i ment
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It could just be a heat rash. Keep an eye on it, apply some antibiotic ointment and see what happens.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Rashes vary greatly, as do treatments for them. You should have it checked by a doctor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• maybe try some bag balm. Keep an eye on it & if it doesn't get better or gets worse take him to the Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son's bum sometimes rashes up and gets a blister or two when he eats anything acidic (pasta and sauce or applesauce for example). I found that the regular rash creams irritated it more and he'd cry if I used it. Due to that I started using plain vaseline and cornstarch (unscented) baby powder. It seems to "do the trick" faster than the name-brand diaper creams.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i agree, all rashes are different, make sure he is dry and aired out... cool, etc. put diaper creme on it and see if it clears up.. if not see a DR
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not sure about the blister but it could just be a bad rash. I have actualy used generic anti-fungal cream on the my sons bottom and it was clear the very next day.
    momof2boys35

Answer by momof2boys35 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We always start with some hyrdocortizone first. If that doesn't work, we'll see his doc.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2010