How many gifts do you get your kids?

For Christmas...? My son is 4, he gets toys often, so he has no shortage of toys but we try to cut back starting in Sep. because his birthday is in Oct. I just want to see what others think is a good # of gifts to give or even an amount to spend. I have gotten him 3 bigger gifts and 3 smaller as well as a movie and a set of clothing.

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 1:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• Mine normally get (between me and my mom and my brother and sister) about 12 gifts each. I personally buy them 3 gifts each plus their "Santa" gifts. I normally spend about $150 per child, as does my mom. This year, they will get about the same amount as far as cost goes, but because they are wanting more expensive things, they will probably be cut back to about 8 gifts each. And to me, that is still PLENTY.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well, my dd is only two so she'll get maybe 4-5 gifts from daddy and me. I'm getting her a potty chair, some baby doll furniture and some potty books. Dad wants to get her a kitchen set, but I really don't have the room for it. If he does buy it, it'll have to stay at his house, for when our dd visits.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My DD must be spoiled or something, So far I've got about 12 gifts for her ( She is 17 months old) 2 large gifts and 10 smaller ones, not including a stocking ( That will be done later this month) .
    She will likely get more gifts from my FIL and other relatives, but out of the 12 gifts I will make 6 out from mommy & Daddy and 6 from Santa.
    In total so far we've spent 200$ on her, I think this is plenty ( yet I'd still like to pick up one or two more small things).

Next year we will have to reign in our spending a little more as we'll have 2 to buy for. a 2 1/2 yr old and a 9 month old. ( I'm due in late Feb/ early March). so it will probably be about 200-300$ split between the two.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• 1 gift per age until kindergarden, then they pick one big or lots ofl small
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• About 12-15 ish each, amount of $ isnt a factor yet as they dont know what costs what. I do like to have the same amount of gifts though.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2010