ex girlfriend

He has his ex girlfriend as a friend on fb... What should I do? I really don't want to be like..."take her off or else" yet I am insecure about them being friends.

TruckersWife84

Asked by TruckersWife84 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Do they actually talk? DH and I are both FB friends with some exes, but we don't really talk to them often. We're both very honest about when we DO talk to them.
    I think we all have some FB friends we don't really talk to. How often do they talk? Is he honest with you about it?
    If he's not hiding anything, and he's not talking to her all the time, I don't see the harm, but maybe you need to get at the root of what bothers you about it. Are you afraid he's cheating? Are you afraid he will leave you for her? What's the real issue?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hmm, I believe he is being honest about everything. They don't talk. If anything she comments on his status', nothing more. Idk if I am afraid he will leave. Maybe I am. I don't feel worthy of having him. He treats me so well, I guess a part of me is trying to find that flaw that will tear us apart. I even tried adding exes of my own and yet he doesn't care...ugh...thanks for answering!
    TruckersWife84

Comment by TruckersWife84 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• tell him to delete her i dont see why he should have a problem with deleting her of hes fb -- many people think different and im the one who thinks an ex is an ex --i dont want my dh talking to an ex of hes --just like he dosnt want me talking to my ex's..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think its very natural for anyone to feel uneasy about that. If they dont have any kids together I dont see why they are FB friends. Unless they were like childhood friends or something. I have never encountered that so its hard to say! But my SO is not FB friends with his ex and they have a kid. He is not friends with her at all! Their communication is limited to just about their kid and thats it. They dont socialize whatsoever yet are civilized with each other. He just could care less about her life, he only cares about their kid. If i were u, i would openly express my feelings about it. You shouldn't have to retreat your feelings. He should know exactly how u feel.
    2Kiddos2Sweet

Answer by 2Kiddos2Sweet at 2:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with Music 100%
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why are you trying to sabotage what you have? If you keep digging for flaws you will eventually find one and it will tear you apart because it will get blown out of proportion. If you feel you don't deserve him, then that's your real problem. Work on fixing that and the insecurity you feel should go away.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Discuss it with him and tell him your feelings. It sounds like it means nothing to him. My son has had several girlfriends over the years, that he stays friends with after they are no longer boyfriend-girlfriend. Don't feel threatened. Maybe it just means he's a good guy and treats women well.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• he's going to do what he's going to do, you can't change that, i would question the relationship..some people you can't change...
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010