How do you mend a broken heart?

just wondering since i can't seem to sew up the wounds. my boyfriend broke up with me a month ago cuz he cheated on me and got the other girl pregnant. now i am pregnant too, telling him today. i can still remember that day clearly last month. the worst i have cried since my grandma's funeral. anyway, how do all you ladies forget heartache?

momma_amelia

Asked by momma_amelia at 2:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you can forget the heartache, but prayer and time heals wounds. I was in a similar situation about 10 years ago, me & a guy that was living in the same house as I, started fooling around, he was also fooling around with another girl at the same time. I really didn't care because we weren't in love and we both knew it. What did bother me was that myself and the other girl got pregnant around the same time, and since we really hadn't defined our relationship he suggested that I get an abortion. I told him it wasn't happening, I am a strong woman and I bet you are too. Time will pass and I'm sure that someone you deserve is waiting on you. I know it can be tough but stay strong
    MoMoBear

Answer by MoMoBear at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It wont be easy and momobear is right a little prayer goes a long long way, my mama told me she was tired of seeing me get my heart broken and prayed that I would find a good man one who would love me for me, accept my kids and treat me like a queen and I found him. Not only that but my tubes got tied in June of 2005, he has no children of his own but I prayed for a miracle nearly every night for a long time and my mom said she did too, one day his dad calls and says he dreamed of fish and his sister called too and said the same thing well as you can see im due in december no surgery required! Blessings and miracles come in many ways you lost the loser for a reason but god gave you someone else to love so you need to focus in on you and your baby because stressing could make you lose it, relax and pray on it and pm me for a group you can join where you can get a tarot reading if you want.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Awww Sweetie you don't ever forget totally the heartache but the time lessens the pain.
    But you gain something from the heartache, you LEARN what you don't want in your life in a man.
    Surround yourself with good friends (even here on Cafemom!) and think of all the things that he did to hurt you when
    you're busy thinking of how much you believed he loved you.
    Get angry at his betrayal of you...it will be easier to think of him as a jerk then you will be happy you don't have him.
    Think of yourself as a PRIZE that deserves to be won by a man that is worthy of all that is YOU!
    You are a beautiful human being that deserves a man who will see you as such.
    For you and your baby!
    ~HUGS~
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You can get over heartache with time, but if you have a child with them, then there will always be a connection. You're bringing a child into the world. Don't any of the three of you believe in birth control? You have some difficult decisions to make, and some difficult times ahead. Good luck.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you don't...I am sorry. Time makes it hurt less and for me getting angry makes it a little better but that experience will always be apart of you. best wishes
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• YOu sound like me 4 years ago....I was in the same position..but my child father left me for her after we lost our 1st child and she was still pregnant with his second child, then I got pregnant again with his 3rd child. And we are still not together. All I can say is that it was pain after pain....dealing with being pregnant and alone made me angry towards everybody else. Its goin to be hard.....but keep your head up and please dont stress about it....I did and that how I lost the 1st baby.....I made the decision to be with him after I found out that he got another girl pregnant because I loved him and couldnt see myself with no one else.....but the other chick was a huge DRAMA QUEEN and she made sure that she made my life a living hell....she called everyday with minor issues abt the baby..he would leave GA to go to ALABAMA to see about her and I would stress about that. Inbox me..we can chat abt this..
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you listen to a sad song, or write one, sometimes both
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010