Should couples share their passwords to email addresses and Facebook, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think it is a must but if the couple agrees to it then yes. My husband and I do not, I do know his main password because he uses it for a lot. But we also don't not let each other look at our things. Facebook as well as email accounts get left up on the computer quite often.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes I think couples should....some may disagree but I know all of his passwords and he knows all of mine.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with ILoveCade. DH and I have a lot of the same PWs, and we know each other's pin numbers, etc. It's just easier, because sometimes I need to him to be able to access something when I can't be right there and vice versa. I think if you don't have that trust, then maybe there are other underlying issues. We're very open, we have nothing to hide, and we both can open up a laptop to find the other's e-mail, CM or FB account up (well, he doesn't have a CM acct, but you know what I mean!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i think thats all up to the couple, my husband and i don't have to know each others passwords. I only know his b/c i created his acounts and i showed him how to change his password he won't do it b/c if he forgets it all he has to do is ask me!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 2:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i do have all my HB passwords , we are sharing evrything in life why hiding our password if ther is nothing in to hide .. and he does have mine
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No my DH doesn't have my password and I don't have his, I wouldn't want him reading my personal emails between me and my best friends.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 6:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depends on the couple. I know DH's passwords and he knows mine. There are times we need to get into each other's email accounts. We share a FB so thats a no brainer. We have nothing to hide, and trust each other completly. There is no "random checks" either. It is just easier this way. I don't have to call him for a password if I need access to something.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 6:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you trust each other, yes. If there's a hesitation, then maybe there's something to hide. But it could be that one person just need to feel a sense of individuality and privacy. Some people have a fit if the other opens mail addressed to them. I think it should be discussed.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• why not? unless you have something to hide!!!
    peewee76

Answer by peewee76 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010