Is it safe to take my daughter in the shower with me?

She will be 7 months on nov 28th

Savannahsmom428

Asked by Savannahsmom428 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I shower with my son, 1yr old, his dad showers with him, he bathes alone, as long as the water is a good temperature I think it's okay...Plus its really convenient while in a rush to get ready quickly.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh yeah! We've been doing it since DS was a couple of months old, and he's still in the shower with us at 2! It's the best way to get him clean and keep him happy, and it knocks him out before bed (a bath gets him excited and it takes hours to get him to sleep afterward).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you feel comfortable doing it, go for it! I did with my DD and she loved it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would say yes, what concerns are you having though?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I couldn't ever figure out how to take a baby in the shower with me. They're too slippery.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with DigiScrapperMom, that would be something I would worry about, is dropping the baby! Plus I don't know how you would be able to wash your hair and get really clean if only one hand was free. But, if it's something you are comfortable with, and you can figure out the logistics, go for it!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's quite simple. I get in the shower. My husband undresses the baby and hands him to me, /I then wash him and have my husband come in and get the baby out. I have also put the baby tub in the shower with me and I have a cloth sling that doesnt fit quite right to use while walking so I put my son in the sling so he can hang out in the shower for longer. He is only 3 months old and loves the shower! I have never dropped him nor have I ever been close to dropping him. My son hates those quick get clean and get out of there baths so this way in the shower he can stay in the water longer without getting to cold! :)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 5:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My daughter is 4 months old and had her first shower a few days ago. I was in a hurry, and we both needed cleaned! after I got in DF handed her to me, and I called him when she was done. She loved it and laughed the whole time! I finished myself once she was out.

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 9:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I found it really difficult the few times I tried... he was so slippery!!! And you can't really wash with a baby in your arms. So we didn't shower together until he was older and I would put him on the floor of the tub with his bath toys and I showered and then I would pick him up and wash him.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son has been taking a shower with since he was about 4 months. I just stopped though because he has been poking. It was fine otherwise.
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010