I'm not sure if I actually want it to work...

We are a young couple. We have a baby. We have been to the lowest low already...Think of it we've been thru it, seriously. I don't know how to tell If I really want it to work it out.

A part of me wants to work it out.
Another part wants to just end it.
Another wants to test it, like open the relationship, or put some physical distance between us so we can see if we make it work.

ADVICE ??? We've been together 4 years and I've been trying 100% and I'm simply ready to give up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe do a trial separation, maybe not an open relationship though that could make things worst! Anyway you choose i wish the best of luck to you!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No one can give you an answer. You have to make that decision yourself. But you really do sound like you are just ready to end it. If you feel like you have done all you can and it just won't work then why keep yourself in the situation? Your child is watching you and your SO to see what a relationship should be. You have to give him or her a good example. If you don't think you are, then you should probably seperate. The same thing never works for different couples, but my husband and I went through a real rough patch and took a few months apart. Just put some distance between us. We didn't seperate really just needed to cool off. And we are better then ever now. But that doesn't work for everyone! You have to do what is right for you! Good Luck!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Take it from me honey if you have been giving it your all for that long and haven't made any real progress then leave. I wont sugar coat it for you it will be damn hard letting go but don't you ever for a second think staying together for the baby is the best thing to do because it's not if your not happy. I have had my share of heart breaks but now i've found my perfect man and some day you will too. Do whats best for you and your daughter and always put your child ahead af any man. The key to a happy relationship is communication, honesty, trust, and most of all laughter you have to find someone who you can laugh and have fun with every day, My fiance and I are smiling, hugging, kissing, play fightin, fartin around each other, playin halo with the kids all the time and he works 12 hour shifts. Let go and find true happiness else where hun you and your daughter deserve better.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think I am going to find a place on my own at the beginning of the year....I'm really leaning toward getting a small one bedroom and just winging it. I just don't want to keep trying to make it work because it's what's most convenient, I want to make it work because I truly want to, not because I feel like I need to. KWIM?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We do have a lot of great times, he is seriously my best friend...but maybe we're better as friends. Maybe we spend too much time together...maybe I should find something to do besides be around him so much. We'll see, I'm going to talk to him about all of this tonight when he gets off the phone with his boyfriend (jk...they are good friends and can talk for hours !!! like teen girls)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Try the separation....but if you can live with someone else until you get yourself together that would be a great idea. Living on your own with a kid is hard...because all the pressure is on you. So make sure the conversation that you are having with him includes the best interest for the child.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010