Does anyone else feel bad for John McCain?

I am an Obama suporter, but I honestly have alot of sympathy for John McCain. (NO sarcasm or snarkiness intended) I think he deserved the nomination in 2000 and Bush stole it with dirty politics. I also think he wasn't given full control of this campaign. Plus, I know Palin wasn't his first choice for running mate. And she's run his campaign out of control. I think if he'd been running the show it would have been a very different election.
Does anyone else feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yes. in alot of ways and kinda pissed and disappointed too. Like others (who actually bother to know the facts fromt he beg.) I've admired McCain for many years b/c he has ACTUALLY DONE what Obama says he will do (cross party lines, work for the middle class, push the envelope etc.)
    BUT.... b/c of the campaign that he has run, the statements he's made, and the VP he has chosen I cannot vote for him. Like MANY have said .... Loved SENATOR McCain, Can't do CANDIDATE McCain.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• nope. the way he has hatefully attacked obama leaves me with no feelings for him other than disgust.
    Anonymous

• No, I do not feel sorry for him. He has a wonderful life and had a wonderful life, even if he loses he will still continue to live a life so much better than the majority of people in the world could have imagined to have lived. He had a good family, good parentage, good educations, good military experiences, saw good and bad first hand to be able to know the difference between good and obvious evil. He survived near death experiences and knows to live life cherishing it every day. He is wealthy and refuses disability or being told "no". His kids and wife are beautiful and will probably live a long time like his mother, he was blessed by God to have been given such a wonderful and rich life. How many people settle for mediocre lifestyles? He always pushed the envelope to test what was really possible.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• nope don't feel sorry for him. He got a trophy wife and married money. What has he really work for?
    Anonymous

• nope.
    Anonymous

• I do actually feel sorry for him to a certain extent. I think the republican party as a whole has run his campaign much differently than he would have if he had 100% control, like you said OP. But I guess we'll never know how it "could have been", all we have is what's really gone down. It's been one hell of a ride on both sides, huh? lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• No way are you kidding? Enter yourself into the run for presidency and things are going to haapen, bad things.
    Anonymous

• No way. If he was too weak to control his own campaign, that's his problem.
    Anonymous

• No. I think he is a smart man and has a reason for every choice he has made. He will do just fine if he loses the election. I feel sorry for the American people if he loses.
    Anonymous

• HECK NO!!!!
    Anonymous