Random Act of Kindness

Have you done one or had one done for you? What was it?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• DH pulled out the vacuum the other day and did the house without me asking him. I was so thrilled I posted it on here!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• our talking about family or strangers? for family, i got sick and made sure the kids ate and had their showers and were in bed on time
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I LOVE doing random acts of kindness when I can. Lets see last one I did was... I gave a 20 to a dude who was raising money for a rape and abuse shelter.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 3:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When I was in bed sick with pneumonia and I asked my DH to please try to straiten up the house a little or at least do the dishes or even just do some of the dishes that had piled up and of course he didn't do it, my sweet little 7 yr old did the dishes and folded and put away the laundry without anyone asking her to. Sure, she didn't do the greatest job of loading the dishwasher since I had only had her help unload before but it meant so much to me that she pitched in and helped out when I was so sick. She has always been such a great blessing in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son's best friend's mother made a mistake when she was planning her son's birthday party and as a result, the place she chose had no space for us to have the party. She was panicking, so I suggested we change the venue to the movies. She was up for that, but said that she didn't have the money to take all the boys to the movies. I paid for the movie tickets and 3-D glasses. After all,the movie was my idea, and her son and I have the same birthday. She was very grateful, but the more important thing was the her son and his friends, including my son, had a great time.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do little things whenwver I can. I have taken flowers to people, opened doors for someone who is struggling, done babysitting to let a young mom have a break, etc. Some for strangers and some for friends and family.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I too LOVE doing random acts of kindness but I never like to discuss them too much because I feel like it takes
    the "magic" away of the act.
    It's something special to me when I donate to a cause or help
    a homeless person.
    I'm 35 now and when I was 18 and married to my ex...I saw a family of 4 (mom, dad and 2 toddlers) waiting in the sleet for
    their bus so they could go home from shopping.
    They were loaded down with packages and it was sooo miserable out!
    So I told them to keep their bus fare and gave them a ride home him my car.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Whenever I see a military uniform in a restaurant, I pay for their lunch and tell the server not to tell them who did it, just an American citizen who appreciates their service.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do this as often as I can. I enjoy helping elderly people. My husband and I bought a food box at the local food bank and took it to a elderly neighbor once. I have also had it done for me. My husband and kids got up early before and cleaned the house and fixed me breakfast.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 8:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• About a year ago in WalMart, I'd thought I had my Food Stamp card w/me. But after the cashier had totaled everything up I then realized that my husband had never returned the card back to me. I was so embarrase & my DH was just standing up there. And then from out of nowhere this young lady presented me w/ a gift card she'd just gotten for Christmas & told me that I could use it! I was SO thankful to her for doing that for me!

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010