Is anyone else still with your SO even though you'd probably be happier elsewhere? adult content

Im still with mine because i dont want to go through a custody battle.. I know he would be a neglectful father if he had her on his own. And I see all those stories where the father molested his kids and in my gut I think he could be capable. And finally I dont want him finding a new woman and having her in my kids life as a step anything! God It's a mess if only he would sign his rights away, sadly shes a pawn in his sick game! Has implied on way more than one occasion she is an inconvenient accident. Thank god shes a baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Take it from me honey if you have been giving it your all for that long and haven't made any real progress then leave. I wont sugar coat it for you it will be damn hard letting go but don't you ever for a second think staying together for the baby is the best thing to do because it's not if your not happy. I have had my share of heart breaks but now i've found my perfect man and some day you will too. Do whats best for you and your daughter and always put your child ahead af any man. The key to a happy relationship is communication, honesty, trust, and most of all laughter you have to find someone who you can laugh and have fun with every day, My fiance and I are smiling, hugging, kissing, play fightin, fartin around each other, playin halo with the kids all the time and he works 12 hour shifts. Let go and find true happiness else where hun you and your daughter deserve better.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Get out of this relationship! Please
    A.) It's NOT going to get better and soon that sweet, precious baby will feel (before she can understand the words of his hateful mouth she will feel the anomosity from him).
    B.) You DESERVE BETTER than that pig!
    C.) If you can move in with a family member do it.
    D.) Take time for youself and maybe start to go to school online to learn a trade then you will earn something and be proud of yourself.
    Good Luck Sweetie and if you ever need a friend or advise I am here for you....I've been down your road before.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'd love to let go but I can't imagine having to drop her off with him! He loves her when its convenient for him and only helps me if someone else is around and if he is getting layed! I've been with him for 5 LONG years and our daughter is 8 months old so i've got nothing but a camera and laptop! I've never owned a car, havent worked in over a year. He holds it over me that HE furnished a car and that I dont have a job only bc we decided it was in the best interest for her for me to stay at home. That alone I should be grateful for and I am I make a beautiful dinner every night and keep the house as clean as I can with a crawling monster(lol) but he still treats me like an ungrateful wench! Guess in short I have nothing to provide her but my love and cooking skills!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Start preparing yourself now to leave. You know that's what you need to do. You are doing both yourself and your child a disservice. Especially since you feel he might hurt her. If you separate, he may have no interest in seeing her after the first few times. Make a plan and carry it out.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Take it from me don't put yourself through all the stress,follow yoour heart and if it tells you to leave than leave. My husband use ot say as soon as the kids are old enough I'm out of this, everytime we argued about something.I loved him reguardless and begged him to stay. We than had a third child and he has said that a few times and I have been with him so long now I just say yeah what ever,because I know hes not going anywhere. BUT I have experienced alot of stress from this and thats not good
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 8:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with the first reply. I could not stay. It took me a year to make the decision to divorce. I hated the idea of it and all it would entail but I'm so much happier without him and all his negative CRAP and his overbearing, abusive behaviors. Trust me, if you wait years and you're miserable all that time, you'll just be older and miserable and wish you did something about it a long time ago. Ask yourself if he's willing to work with you on changes, if you think things can REALLY change and stick. If you don't think so, you need to do what is best for you and your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010