Have you ever made one of those no sew tye off quilts.

I have new sewing skills but my babies both ahve blankets and things from everyone but me. I want to make one and I dont 'know anything about it. We're also having a ladies geta way on Saturday for church. Bring your own craft and visit without kids for two hours.
So what do I need to know about going about doing this?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 2:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• They have kits at Jo Ann Fabrics. They are super easy and can be made in a relatively short amount time. The kit tells you on it what you will need. It's been a while since I made one , but I think all you need is a sharpie, scissors and about a 4x4 piece of cardboard.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4392701_make-fleece-tied-blanket.html

super easy. And I looked at the kits, but by just following these directions you can make them yourself with whatever pattern of fleece you could possibly want. I am making 6 of them this year!

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• and a ruler and somewhere to lay it ALL out! Good Luck there not to hard but really fun... And Practice makes Perfect!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 3:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh yeah don't forget the ruler and I used masking tape to go down the length of the blanket to make cutting the strips easier, you just cut to the tape , so your strips will be consistent in length.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I bought 2 yards of two different color fleece and cut 4-5 in strips on the edges and tied them off..so only the edges have the fringe. My daughter loves it. Its tinkerbell on top and a matching green on the bottom. Super easy, all I needed was scissors and the fleece.
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 3:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oooh I want to make one of these too! I admit, they do look easy... although I've never done anything crafty in my entire life. Let us know how it turns out!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They are super easy. In fact, I have done them with my girls when they were Brownies (2nd - 3rd grade) with no problems. Make sure you don't skimp on the amount of fabric you buy, it's better to have a larger blanket than a smaller one and use good scissors to make the cutting easy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They have kits and books. I have not did one, but Im going to make one with pictures of my family so I can pass it to my kids.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010