Do you kids have super-ears aswell?

I know I tend to think loud but sometimes it's not more than a change of facial expression and silent movement of lips ... My dd turns around and goes: "What did you say, mommy?" lol Sometimes it's like she can read my mind.
When she's playing in the living-room she can also hear me humming in the kitchen ... while the water cooker is on, the extractor hood and I'm blending carrots. lol
Oh .... and she can definately hear the sound of a bag of chips being opened ... even when she's in the shed with her father sawing wood.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Only when I say the words "cookie" or "candy".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son has Sensory Processing Disorder, so he hea super sonic hearing! lol! If DH is playing a video game and forgets to shut the T.V. off, Jake lets us know. It looks like it is off, the screen is black, but he can hear a buzzing coming from it! He will hear an airplane 5 minutes before we see it. And, yeah, chips being opened are heard from a mile away!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010