I am a SAHM, and if you are too.., what do you do for the christmas gifts for your husband?

if you want to buy something pricey for him, you tell him you will expend extra money, you ask for money, what do you do>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• when my husband and I buy gifts for eachother for Christmas we always establish our limit first. As in, this year we will only spend up to (blank) amount on a present for eachother.
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 3:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I asked this yesterday! I was told you spend his money and get him what he wants or you ok something that he wants to buy himself!
    Its my first christmas as a Sahm without my own income so its going to be interesting! my husband was already super hard to shop for...
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 3:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well since I don't have to ask my husband from money I just take out the money I need and go get the gift.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i just tell mine i need this much money for all the gifts I'm buying, he gives it to me and i buy his with it. He always has me buy the kids' separate so he can go with me that's the only time he does any Christmas shopping!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I run the finances and he trusts me to make sure we don't go broke, so he likely wouldn't notice. If he did< i'd simply tell him I'd done some Xmas shopping and he'd be like "Oh ok". done ;)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband is really hard to buy for. One year, my son and I sat down and made him a scrapbook of the two of them together. It was the only time I have ever seen him cry over a gift. He still tears up when he looks at it, and says it was better than any gift he has ever gotten.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When we do buy ea other gifts, I go shopping on my own or do my shopping online for him...
    We ea have a set amount set aside for ea of us to spend on ea other (WHEN there is extra monies that yr) so
    I am never to worried about spending to much or to less on him...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We have seperate accounts, but we each have access to each other's account so we both know what is spent and what we have. We keep some cash set aside for these things. If I order something online I will use my mother's debit card and just give her cash, because the website may give away the gift idea. We don't spend more than "blank" amount.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We just do for the kids.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I buy things for hubby with all of my other shopping. If there is something big he wants it usually electronics and we purchase it together.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010