5 months PP and still no period

I excusively breastfed for two months then started him on formulas at 3 months and foods at 4 months so my breastfeeding days have gone way down. Anyway, I'm breastfeeding very little and still no period. Did this happen to you?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Health

• as long as your breast feeding you may not get your period.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah. Even months after I was totally done breastfeeding I still didn't have a period. It'll come eventually.
    knightmoves

Answer by knightmoves at 3:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I breastfed my son for two months and it took forever for my period to straighten out. I had him august 29, 2007, quit postpartum bleeding by end of sept. had first period mid december then didnt have another one til end of march and it felt like i was having contractions again and all the pressure! it just takes awhile for your system to straighten itself back out....but if you are worried, consult your doc.
    JuliaDanielle

Answer by JuliaDanielle at 6:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008