Do you make your hubbys lunch everyday?

How about getting up before him to make breakfast even if that means youre up at 430-5am?
Is dinner hot on the table every night as soon as he comes in?
Is this old fashioned or are sahms still doing this everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I feel it is old fashion, but still a good idea to be sweet to your SO if he is working hard all day.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 5:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My hubby works 3rd shift so ya i make his lunch and he eats breakfast when he gets up and he eats dinner when he comes in the AM or sometimes at work . I will pack his lunch cause i want to make sure he has enough to eat.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no, he's a big boy he can make his own lunch or buy his own.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well, I do get up at 5:00am, but it's more to get the kids ready than it is for The Husband Person's comfort, unless you count letting him sleep a few extra hours. He's a SAHD, so I don't make his lunch. When I'm working, he often makes mine though. Right now, I'm not working so we've been trading off making dinner, some of the dishes he makes are better than my versions, but he's still flummoxed by things like making a bechamel for macaroni and cheese, so when it's my turn, I teach him things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We both work and get up at 5:00 each morning. We each fix our own breakfast and lunches. On the weekend I may fix breakfast one day, but we fix our own lunches. I usually cook dinner on Sunday and we have leftovers for dinner part of the week. The rest of the week we fix a sandwich or whatever we feel like for dinner.

Even if I didn't work I wouldn't fix his lunch or breakfast because he likes to do things for himself.but I would probably have some kind of dinner prepared.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't make his lunch but I do try to have something started for dinner before he gets home...that's if I have a rough idea of what time he's getting home since his hours vary.
    However in the same boat as your question....I DO take off his work boots and wipe down his feet with baby wipes and then put powder on them and fresh socks!
    I guess I'm a little old-fashioned on spoiling him that way! :D
    He works hard and I want him to feel appreciated!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I used to get up at 5:30 every morning and make his breakfast and pack his lunch. But when I found out that he was throwing away the lunch I made for him and eating fast food I stopped making it for him. He had no appreciation for it so I figured I didn't need to do it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm at home now, retired. When I was a stay-at-home mom, we got up at the same time, I fixed breakfast while he got ready for work, packed his lunch, and had dinner on the table when he came it. Then he had an accident and couldn't work for a couple of years. He did the same for me while I worked, including taking care of the kids. Later we worked together, so it just depended on who was home. Now with present husband, he is not a cook like my late husband was, but will make coffee or heat up something for us, and we eat out a lot. He told me when we married that he didn't marry me to get a cook and cleaning woman, and helps around the house, so I feel very lucky.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think it just depends on each family's situation. DH will make his own breakfast most mornings, simply because he usually just wants cereal or a piece of toast, but I sometimes make a big breakfast. Same with lunch. Unless we go out for lunch, he will fix his own. I make dinner or we go out. He's not good at cooking, but likes to eat light during the day and never asks me to make him something, unless I just feel like it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes
    thaw

Answer by thaw at 8:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010