Did you settle (as far as DH/SO)?

why? out of fear of being alone? It was taking too long to find Mr Perfect? family/society pressures?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 4:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I did not settle. On the contrary actually, sometimes I feel he's too wonderful for me :)

We got married when I was 21 and he was 25. My family is Greek and they always wanted me to marry someone Greek, but my DH is Colombian so they were not happy with my decision. My DH however put up with my family for years before they got to like him, because he didn't want me to cut them out of my life.. He's amazing!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 4:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I didn't even know I was looking, so I don't think I settled. Some would say I did, as my husband has many skills but making money isn't one of them. However, over the course of over a decade together, we've discovered that his meatloaf beats mine, his whites are always snowy and the bathroom smells great when he's in charge, and I'm hella smart enough to support us and the kids.
    So no, I don't think I settled.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No I didn't settle.  My dh is the perfect man for me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope didnt settle i got sick of looking and one day we just found each other after we both had a lot of heart breaks
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Didn't settle. Had to leave the state to marry the first time because my parents said it would never las. It only lasted 29 years before I lost him. Mr. Perfect showed up soon after, and we've been married 12 years now. Life has been good. My sister recently said I was a very lucky woman to have loved two good men.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• thats great :) My inlaws sorta forced us to cut them off. They aren't good people. Users and manipulators. Sad, really. They only pretend to "love" their grandkids when they are trying to soften up their son (my DH) to ask for money. We're onto them, though.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 5:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope, didn't settle one bit.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I didnt...but my child father is settling because he dont want to be alone...words from his mouth. I am single and I enjoy it from time to time. I have toys...and my lovely daughter to keep me occuiped. Sometimes my child father asks if he can come and stay the weekend with us but I dont want to confuse our daughter and beside he needs to be focusing on what or who is best for him.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh no, lol. I was lucky enough to end up with the one I had been in madly in love with since 6th grade, haha. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010