is there a safe and easy way to remove lice nits from a 9 and 8 year olds head?

my girls dad is going to try to take my kids cause i cant remove all the nits in there head they just wont come out i am a great mom and i dont want to loss my kids i need some help

momof3kids983

Asked by momof3kids983 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Health

• They wont take ur kids away for nits its common. Like u said they probally are dead if u have not seen a live bug. If you have the comb use it when the hair is wet. I think the metal one works hte best. Also if you have straightner use it .
    Anonymous

• the combs and lice shampoo. you may need to cut their hair if it's really long so that you can make sure you get in there well with the comb.
    Anonymous

• i think there is a certain comb that is supposed to get nits it should be with all the other lice stuff ...can he really take your children over something as trivial as that? that dosent sound right
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 7:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• The combs don't get out all the nits. Start with the combs, but then you need to pull the rest out by hand. If you pinch them between your fingernails you can pull them off the hair. You need to section off the hair and sit there under a lamp and pick out all the nits from a little area and then go to the next. It takes hours, but if you don't get all of them out they'll keep coming back. Also be  sure to go thought he entire house and wash and vacuum everything.  Kids stuffed animals are big culprits of hiding lice. 

They also a comb that has batteries and zaps them or something. My school buys them for some of the students, but I'm not sure how well they work.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Also, if you have boys, buzz cuts are always in style :)

MAUREEN55

• yeah my son is buzzed now but my girls have long beutiful hair and all that is left is the nits there have not been no live bugs in weeks so i think they r empty nits but i still need no reason for thier dad to go to court over this stuff i appreciate everything everyone has said thank you so much i will try it all i heard that oils work to get them out easier but then i have heard it makes it harder so i am up for anything
    momof3kids983

Answer by momof3kids983 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008