What is a siggy and what does it do?

mom2eas

Asked by mom2eas at 4:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Siggy is short for signature. It's a saying or graphic that is attatched to all your emails or comments in the group section. There are groups that will design you a siggy for free. Signature Showcase designed mine.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A siggy is a signature. It is basically your name and something about you (on Cafemom). One of my siggies is just my name with a Gorjuss Girl. One is a clickable business siggy to take you to my etsy, artfire, blog, or facebook fan page.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's basically a signature. I use one that has what I hope is an uplifting motto. Some choose photos. Some identify a little about themselves. Some use it to promote their business (which could be considered spam by some sites.) It's just an optional identifier, and once set up in your profile on a site, will be at the bottom of every post within that forum. When you take a look at some forums, such as Mommysavers.com you will see posts with "siggies" on the bottom of the post. If I had one here, it would be just below this paragraph.
    desmom

Answer by desmom at 4:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• thanks everyone!
    mom2eas

Comment by mom2eas (original poster) at 5:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's a signature. You see them a lot of them in groups. You can use them to advertise a group or something about yourself.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010