Are you on your preschoolers policy counsel?

Just wondering how many are involved. I joined this year and became a rep for my sons school. Sadly no one wanted it and seems like the members don't want to show up half the time.

What are some of the things you enjoyed or still enjoy?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 5:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I did volunteer for that for one year. I didn't like the team because they never wanted to do anything new or take me ideas or advice. They just wanted to do the same thing every year.

I usually enjoy giving my time, but I won't stick around if I don't feel appreciated.

Good luck with your team and have fun :)
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• didnt know there was one. If I'd had time for that, I probly wouldn't have had a need for them to be in pre-school, though. I did it back then, cuz I was still working back then. Once I became a SAHM I didn't need pre-school anymore.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son's school doesn't have one- never heard of such a thing before.
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son school does not have one. We all volunteer by signing up for things though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am currently on my DD's headstart policy council. It is nice because I have to travel to the meetings and they pay milage and daycare for my kids while I am at the meetings. You have to have a strong voice to get anything done though.
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 5:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i do parent days, field trips, cleaning, washing and sewing of play clothing... the co op she goes to is much like your school, not open to new ideas, so i do what i can to be involved... without hovering or getting frustrated that they are closed to new things and don't really want to meet...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wow we have to come up with new ideas. We are always getting paper work and asked to think of new things to help the schools out.

I've only been to 1 meeting and 1 training group. January we have a weekend get away to do a more in-depth training they have those like 2-3x a year. We got a 3 inch binder and told it will be more then full by this time next year. I get run next year as well since my son won't go to kindergarten until 2012.

Personally I love being involved. And I should of made it clear not every preschool has this. I know every head state, eceap, and early HS will have a policy counsel to do what it sounds how to improve the school and passes new policy. We have to vote on budgets, new books.

whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010