What would you think if your daughter told you she plans on going to school to be a make-up artist?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 5:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• i'd say go for it! If thats what she wanted to do I'd rather her be happy doing what she loves then stuck doing what she hates.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'd encourge it, I'd help her achieve that if that was what she was interested in. It is important to listen to your children and help them achieve what they actually want rather than what you want. i would be glad that she has a field she would like to try out, and would encourage her to obtain a qualification in that area because at least she is doing *something* :)
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 5:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't know. Initially I'd probably THINK: "Well ....
    But I'd say: "Then you go and become the best make-up artist ever, girl!"

WHo knows ... maybe you go out on a date one day, see some Shakepeare in the theatre or you go to the movies and MY dd did the makeup! Pretty cool, huh? lol
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would encourage her to go to a real college. If she had terrible grades, or never did well in school I would accept it. But it would not be my first choice for her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would do research with her to learn all I could about it. And find out the education/training that great make up artists have. You can do reserach online and even write some letters to some famous artisits, city theaters, etc. It can be a fabulous learning experience for both of you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i would suggest she go to art school..not just make up
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would say that is great if it is something you enjoy doing, power to her.

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• why not? It is something that will make her happy, and who's to say she won't go back to school for something else later?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am guessing you're not thrilled with this decision? I think that your child needs to do what makes her happy. It sounds like doing make up is something she enjoys. Encourage her.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If it makes her happy I would support her choice. I want my kids to grow up to be happy, healthy, self-sufficient adults.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010