What to do when baby starts loosing weight?

anja143

Asked by anja143 at 6:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is the baby under a pediatrician's care? The baby needs to have a checkup if you are having problems getting her/him to eat enough to stay healthy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Take him to the doctors and they'll tell you a good diet for your child. My son is very small for his age he ws never a chunky baby at all, I found that he was just skinny, not unhealthy, not malnutritioned just small. I would take your cjild to see a doctor that way if something is really wrong they can let you know.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son has lost weight twice. At his 12 month check up he was 22lb 2oz. He got the chicken pox and didnt really want to eat or drink and 2 weeks after the 12 month weigh in he was 21lb 8oz. At his 15 month check up he was 23lb even. 18 days later he went in cause he caught a virus and again didnt want to eat or drink and was down to 22lb 10oz. Hes 16 months now and is around 24lb. Som it depends on why baby is losing. If they are sick, it happens (my pedi stold me not to worry about it). If they are just losing for no reason, i would be concerned and take them in.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well once babies start to crawl/walk etc it is normal for them to thin down. Just make sure the doc thinks he/she is on track.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010