Have you ever visited any of the Veteran's Memorials in D.C.?

Or in your own state? My dad is listed on the WWII Memorial in DC, but he has never been there to see it. The Vietnam Wall still makes me cry.

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Travel

• We went to DC last summer - we saw everything - the most powerful for me was the Vietnam War Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. I was also touched by the National Law Enforcement Memorial. So many that gave so much.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• This past summer we took a vacation in DC and I finally got to see the memorials and all I can say is that until you see that Vietnam wall up close, you have no idea just how many people gave there lives in that conflict. I was shocked and cried the whole time I walked next to it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• YES- i have been to the Memorials in DC- it is so touching & sad- it takes alot to make me Cry; but- i cried all the way through-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Ya they are very nice and the WW2 one always makes me think of my Grampa.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have visited our town's memorial - that's really small compared to anything in DC. I would like to take the kids when they are a bit ollder and can understand the significance of it.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I have been to them in DC and in several states. Both my parents and my brother were veterans. I took my mom to see the Women's Memorial in DC. She was so happy to be there and registered there. If you can ever get your dad to some of them I recommend it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband is a veteran. He has been wanting to. Maybe when the kids get older. They are in the process of building one in our city. Can't wait til it's ready.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I went to the Vietnam Wall with my highschool class...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep the one in DC very ominous.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No. They don't have one here. BUt I'm thankful they did something for those guys to honor them! My husband has 6 months of his life missing because of what went on down there. It was so bad its blocked out of his mind....
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:28 AM on Nov. 13, 2010