Do you get Me Time?

Mine is at the early hours of the morning before everyone wakes up?

What do you do when that time is trespassed on? (like the DH deciding he wants to get up early, too and wanting to be social at 6am?)

I don't wanna hurt his feelings, so I end either enduring it or moving to another room. When he follows me, I get irritated and just give up.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am the same as you...I like my "me time" in the morning and when my guy comes in and starts playing his x-box...I REALLY want to scream "GO AWAY". But I don't. I go back into the bedroom and read a book or start cleaning. UGH!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• lol i know what you mean my time for myself is early in the morning or mid afternoon and my man always wants to socialize i sometimes end up going to sleep while he talks he doesnt get mad cause he understand im taking care of a new born
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm a stay at home mom so I usually get alot of "me time",sometimes I can't wait for my daughter and husband to get home just so it isn't so quiet.. I look for things to do to keep my self busy, which alot of times is setting right here at my computer. LOL!
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 7:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm the complete opposite. I don't need "me time" or "alone time" at all. I'm with my husband 24/7 and prefer it that way. I get lonely when he's not around. I don't like it, period. Heck, like I said in another question, we don't even go to the grocery alone.

Thank goodness we're both stay at home parents. I don't know what I'd do if we had to work and be seperated.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes I do. Right now most of my 'me' time is from 7:45am -10:45 am when all 3 boys are in school and hubs is at work. Then I have the house to myself (well me and the 2 doofus cats). So that is my uninterrupted time to get things done, watch tv, or sit and veg. On the weekends or sometimes during the week I can have 'me' time at night, after everyone is in bed and the house is quiet. Then I usually read or watch tv.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's not hard for me. I am a SAHM. The kids are in school. After I straighten up the house and put a load of clothes in the washer. None for me on the weekends though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• a little bit not much
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Mine's usually after everyone has gone to bed
    Ryansmommy21

Answer by Ryansmommy21 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not as often as i'd like, especially since my dd is going through the TERRIBLE 2's!!!! AHHHHHH
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Every day when the kid goes to school.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010