Should I find out the sex or not??

I have an u/s in 5 days...
I'm really torn!!! I'm having a c-section and I'm not sure if it would help to have a surprise or to find out now and plan ahead.

What do you ladies think?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's all a personal decision. But remember...it's going to be a surprise either way, right? Either you'll find out in five days or you'll have to wait until the birth.

I personally couldn't wait to find out, knowing I'm having a girl has helped me bond with her so much more than if I was still wondering. Also, I'm poor and couldn't wait for her to be born to get baby stuff : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• More fun to wait! People push blue or pink at a baby the moment they know what it is. I think it's much more fun to wait.
    Anonymous

• I found out. I couldnt wait until birth plus I wanted to be able to shop for her before she was born
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Cait- very good point. I am at least lucky to have both boy and girl clothes but who knows if i have enough.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• well i couldnt find out, my little one hid the parts i needed to see! i was upset at the time but as i got closer it was just exciting. and when i finally had her (i had a c-section also) when they pulled her out and told me i had a big baby girl i was elated. i started crying so hard and it was just the most amazing feeling in the world, ive decided not to find out with my next child when i have it. The only thing that sucked was my shower and the nursery were green and yellow but then when she was born everyone bought pink too so i had a really nice variety. congrats!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's going to be a surprise, so why not get the surprise now and not wait until you are involved with the joy of holding the baby in your arms and all the rest of the stuff that goes on at the time of birth. Finding out now extends the fun. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You know i am going to say don't do it...LOL I know it is so easy to do, and it is hard waiting; but I am seriously the most impatient person ever LOL It is so worth that moment though, it really is being together and finding out right when the lil one arrives, it's absolutely surreal, an emotional moment I can tell you is not the same as finding out together as in an U/S. Besides, its really fun driving the family and friends nuts, only to watch them go crazy when they find out, the anticipation is so worth it!!!! You will do in the end what you think is best, so GL and just remember, this is a time of making memories, and I can tell you that moment is burnt into mine so clearly, I will never forget it!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• The sex of your baby isn't going to affect your c-section. If you wanna know, and it'll drive you crazy, you may as well find out, because eventually, on a subsequent ultrasound, you'll cave and ask what it is.
    knightmoves

Answer by knightmoves at 3:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2008