Does anyone know why my 9 month old could be waking up crying at night?

For the past three night my 9 month old DD has been waking up and crying uncontrollably all night and is sleeping only for about an hour each night. During the day she is alright just a little fussy. She has a doctor's appointment for next week but I wanted to see if anyone knew what could be wrong with her.

aoh1148

Asked by aoh1148 at 7:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bad dream?
    belly ache?
    lotsa stuff
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• teething? ear infection?
    Is she drooling? (teething), have a stuffy nose? (possibly ear infection)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She isn't drooling. She has a little cold with runny nose and sneezing. She has been teething for a couple of months but her crying is different and I can't console her. I've tried giving her teething medicine but it doesn't help. So I'm not sure if it is something else.
    aoh1148

Comment by aoh1148 (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You may want to have her ears cked. My DD6 didn't sleep through the night until she had tubes put in her ears. I hope you figure it out soon!
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 8:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my dd would wake up like that too sometimes when she was younger. i would just put in bed with me. alot of times she just had a bad dream and needed a little cuddle time. but if she is a little sick she might of just been startled by something or couldn't breath or something. maybe she is a little warm.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've been putting her in bed with me but she is crying non stop all night for the past 3 nights. It's not just waking up once in awhile throughout the night.
    aoh1148

Comment by aoh1148 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son did that last month and he is 6 years old. It was a ear infection.
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010